Pages

Friday, March 23, 2012

Friday favorites: feeling native

My current obsession is Native American Indians; fabric, jewelry, prints and anything else that reminds me of the wonderful culture.  My husband always thought he had a lot of indian blood in him and used to kind of brag about it.  He has beautiful olive skin.  Then one day, at breakfast, with his Aunt Irene we got to talking about it and I asked her what kind of indian he was (after all, my grandpa is indian so I wanted to know)...and milk just about shot out of her mouth as she said "we ain't indian".  I will never forget it.  Poor guy. 
Rejoice -  Native American Indian Screen Print - Ready to Ship
Linen Doll - Tallulah - Made to order
A3 Print, Naira, Native American Headdress
Pinned Image
via (not sure where original source is from...if you know...let me know!)
Pinned Image
ELEANOR: Big White Dream Catcher FREE SHIPPING lavender vintage lace trims

Pinned Image
Pinned Image
 

Happy Friday,
Amy

4 comments:

  1. haha I'm a prime example that you can be pale and be Indian. My grandpa is the chief of our tribe and I've grown up going to pow-wows(yeah, they exist lol) and we all have decorations like this in our houses. As a kid, people would ask me if my Dad was black because he's so dark. Buuut, when people see me they would never believe it. Anyways, great post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE all the images. Especially love the Jeff story, bwahhh hahahaha!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My grandpa found out later in life that his dad was not his biological father. Another man, which he new distantly is. His biological father is 100% Cherokee and lives on a reservation.

    It's been interesting to learn there is another piece to our heritage (genealogy is important to us) but it's not a culture I was raised in, I feel more connected with my Swedish ancestry, even though it is more distant, because of the traditions my family has.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great collection of images! I find Native American culture so beautiful and interesting, so I love your post. Got a good laugh too from the story about your husband-hehe, poor guy!

    ReplyDelete