Pages

Sunday, September 25, 2011

Some weeks are better than others

Thursday I went to my lunch hour thrift store and walked away with a $3 skirt for a coworker and a scarf.  Friday I went to the same thrift store and walked out with 4 designer bags, a designer dress, and a bag full of vintage fabric, vintage baby bedding, a bright red vintage vinyl filofax, amongst other things...all for $35.  You may want to sit down. 

This is a Bottega Veneta bag.  If you aren't familiar with this line check out the new line here to get an idea of this score.  Big.  Score.  For reals.  I have been going back and forth on whether or not to keep it or sell it.  It's been a tough choice.  I do this not just for fun...but let's face it, for additional income as well.  And, I have dreams of moving and not sharing one bathroom with my family any longer...so I think parting with it has won over.  I will be sad to see it go though.

the inside is like butter.  Butter.
This caught my eye as I was schlepping my goods to the checkout.  I didn't try it on...I didn't have time.  I had exactly 10 minutes left in my lunch hour (thank God work is about 3 minutes away).  I snagged it.  All the dresses at this store are $6.  When I was checking out the lady saw that it was an Oscar de la Renta and asked someone to double check on the price.  I thought no way were they gonna let me have it for $6.  Sure enough they came back and confirmed the price.  I found this online vintage shop with a lot more.
beautifully detailed and heavy.
these are the sleeves.  The quality is unreal.  The whole thing is beautifully lined too.  Ahhh-mazing.

and in case you're wondering...no it does not fit...comfortably.  Probaby better that way.  Momma's got bills to pay.
A leather Etra bag with orange insides and beautiful detail.  You can see another one I found here.

This is the detail inside.


A vintage Liz Claiborne cross body bag that has Sixteen Candles and Molly Ringwald written all over it.  Needless to say I adore it.


A vintage hand tooled Flores bag.  Click here to see more.  This was from the week before.
the backside.  
this is what you see when you open the flap.
it has tons of pockets too.

A coach purse.
Yes, thrift was good last week.  

Which brings to me a little inside info....

* If you happen to see a couple good finds like this chances are there are quite a few more.  Whether someone donated a lot of their things or perhaps they came from an estate.  It's totally worth a good walk through to make sure you aren't missing a score.

*Go often.  I go to this same store a lot.  I can walk through and see the new stuff quickly.  It's very organized and extra clean.  By going often you can save time and spot the good stuff.

Happy thrifting! I hope everyone has a great week. 

Check out the I like to party tab and come link up your thrifty finds and craftiness.

15 comments:

  1. Holy cow Amy!!! Momma may be moving sooner than she thought :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Talk about HAUL OF THE DAY/WEEK/YEAR/CENTURY! Veryyyy jealious! WTG! Thanks for sharing!

    Visiting from The More The Merrier Linky Party at the DIY Home Sweet Home Party today,
    Suzanne in NW IL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great finds. I like to thrift weekly if not more often but the stores are on the opposite side of the city I live in. It is probably a blessing that it isn't closer. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Where the heck is this place and why am I not there right now.....I'm so happy for you and those AMAZING finds!! The BV bag is a total score.

    xo
    Sarah
    Get UP & Go

    ReplyDelete
  5. GREAT scores! I'd say use the purse and see if it's for you...if not then sell. Either way its a win-win deal!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I found your blog through ColourBlinds's and wow are these some amazing thrift finds! I am in need of a new purse and I would love any of the ones you thrifted! I love the colour of that green dress- I just thrifted one of the same colour!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Girl, you hit the jackpot! I always forget to check the purses. I think I'll be more diligent now. =

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! That is one spectacular thrift store! Way to find the good stuff :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! That is inspiring!! I love thrifting, but can't say I'm terribly skilled at it! I will be more on the lookout now!
    Susan @ DefrumpMe

    ReplyDelete
  10. Score! I never find anything outstanding like this in thrift stores. I am visiting from Mod Mix Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW! Sounds like a great day at the thrift store! You got all kinds of fun goodies!! Thanks for linking to Fancy This Fridays this week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. AMAZING finds! Well done. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What??? You got a Bottega Veneta handbag? No way! I have never been to a thrift store. How much was this bag? I am so jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great finds! I say sell the bag ..part of the fun of thrifting is knowing that there are always more great treasures out there.

    www.letsmakeadeal-us.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete