Pages

Saturday, May 7, 2011

Liviana's Journey


Liviana's Journey started back in 2007 when a childhood friend learned that the baby she was carrying would be born with CDH (you can learn more about here on her blog).  She had only a 50/50 chance of survival.  She fought, she survived, and was a miracle baby to say the least.  Just two years later she was diagnosed with MLD (metochromatic leukodrystophy).   It is a genetic disorder, a progressive degenerative brain disease with no cure.  If I hadn't lost it already...at this point, as a mother, this is where I certainly lose it. It's difficult for me to even put this in writing now.

 Our brothers have been the best of friends for as long as I can remember.   She is an amazing mother and is facing something in life that no mother should ever be faced with.  They had her baby son tested shortly after Livi's diagnosis.  And he too had the gene.  Her family has relocated to Milan, Italy so baby G can undergo clinical trials for .   He is still pre-symptomatic so they are doing everything they can to save him from what the future may bring.  They have uprooted their family from the US and temporarily moved to another country.  I cannot imagine what they are going through right now, and how they are surviving.  One of their awesome friends has put together this auction in hopes to take some of the tremendous financial burden off their shoulders.  I have a donated a gift certifate, so if you like vintage, this is a great cause.  There is also a ton of handmade stuff available.  If you feel it in your heart and have a large network, any tweeting, facebooking of the auction would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks in advance for any help, prayers, donations, etc!  

To visit the auction and place a bid simply click here.  In the sidebar there is a link to my etsy shop.  There are tons of goodies around $30 and between you and me if it's close to, or a little over $30 it's all good.  Just message me.  PS.  Shipping in the US is covered too.

1 comment:

  1. This is so gut wrenching. I can't help but get so emotional when I hear stories like this. I'll be praying for thier family.

    ReplyDelete