Pages

Friday, May 9, 2014

SPARKS-White Cloud-Flea Market Heaven















A couple weeks ago a girlfriend called me and asked me if I wanted to go to Sparks.  It's about 10 miles away from White Cloud, KS (which also holds it's own little flea market during the same weeks). Of course I said yes!  I hadn't been in years and was thrilled to see it hadn't changed a bit.  If you live anywhere near the Kansas, Nebraska, Iowa, and Missouri border this is must see.   White Cloud is such a small town it's not even incorporated.  It happens twice a year, once in the fall and once in spring.  You will find the best kind of junk here!

If you get a chance to go take the extra time to find the lookout monument.  You climb a rather smallish hill and can look out and see all four corner of the states.  Cheap thrills.  I know.

Another reason to go is the food trucks. Of course, they all offer a variety of nice healthy fried foods including fried cheesacake.  Yes, fried cheesecake!  I ate fried cheeseballs and a funnel cake bigger than my head.  

Here is a list of things to bring if get a chance to go:
Tape Measure
Measurements from your home (think door frames, windows, rooms, etc (or whatever you may be looking for) 
Rain poncho-umbrella
CASH-no cell service, no credit cards!
Truck (I know not everyone can find one...but you will wish you had one)!
Trailor (if you plan on buying bigs find a friend with a trailer)
Tie downs
blankets
Rolling cart or your kids wagon 

We had a blast and came home with a door strapped to the top of her car.  Hers, not mine.  I was pretty good and just got a handful of things.  Anyone find any good stuff lately?


No comments:

Post a Comment