Pages

Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Another one bites the dust!

Another year of unchecked things from the do to list...or if you have been super productive another year of crossing things off!

This time of year it's easy for me to look back and feel like I haven't accomplished much.  Maybe it's just that I haven't done everything that I wanted to do...or maybe the ongoing list in my head is just too dang long.  I have to remind myself that it's ok to pat myself on the back.  This year was indeed full of milestones, some good, some great, and plenty not exciting enough to reflect on.

I quit smoking!  Yay for me!  After years and years of being a quiet somewhat closet smoker I kicked the habit for good.  I also gained 30 pounds.  Go me.

I ran my first 1/2 marathon.  It sucked...but I finished and didn't die.

We sold our old house and bought a new old one.

I made it through another year of marriage.  I guess those that are married can understand why this indeed is an accomplishment!  It's not always unicorn and rainbows.  Especially with buying and selling a house...amidst quitting smoking.

I lost a job and gained a life!  I haven't lost a job since I was 15 and was fired from Taco Tico for being underage.   While it was a blow to the ego I quickly recovered from the sheer shock of it all and have more than enjoyed time with my family.

My kids have grown over 5 inches (combined).  I shop for food more than anything else.  My son lost several teeth and I was reminded every time that I am the worst tooth fairy on earth.

This time of year it's easy to think ahead of what you want to accomplish but sometimes it's nice to take a minute and reflect on all the blessings, good and bad that you were dealt last year.

Now the fun part...what's everyones goals for 2014?  I love reading other peoples goals and writing my own as well.  Do you do resolutions?  Are there any good link ups or challenges out there?  Leave a comment and let me know!

The challenge that I am looking forward to most is the Year of Ethical Fashion from  Meet Me at Mikes.  You can link up here.  Another reason that buying vintage is a good thing!


via

Cheers to 2014!

xoxo,
Amy


No comments:

Post a Comment