Pages

Thursday, November 21, 2013

Bloggi...oh look a butterfly!

At the end of June I got laid off.  After the initial shock set in.  I had big plans...BIG PLANS.  I was going to sell my vintage like crazy and concentrate on blogging again.  And then I didn't, blog that is.  It's kind of like that old friend you keep wanting to see but you don't.  But then when you do see them everything just clicks and it's back to the same it was 6 months ago when you last saw them.  That's kind of how I feel about this blog.  I have enjoyed these past few months tremendously but as winter approaches and we start to migrate indoors I think I might try to come back more frequently.  Plus, I like to write, even though I may not be great at it,  it makes me feel good.

I don't have any real good excuses for not being around.  Just life in general.  This summer we spent our days at the pool or outside.  With the nice weather we pretty much lived outside 24/7.  Once school started so did soccer, and lego robotics, and football, and then cub scouts, and then my computer went out with the help of a small child and pop.  And then it was November.

I thought I would have all this time to do things during the day.  I didn't account for all the back and forth time to and from school.  When I worked it was pretty easy, drop off in the am, pick up in the pm and then hit whatever practice there was on the way home.  I take back all those horribly jealous thoughts I had about stay at home moms.  Yes I had them, and I'm sorry, please oh please forgive me.  You are much busier then one would have imagined and your bosses can be pretty damn demanding.  Shoot, going back and forth to school and practices 5 times a day is enough to make you order vodka in bulk.  Which I will probably need to start doing.  Since my unemployment I started a semi nightly regimen of my favorite cocktail, the Bloody Mary.   I need to get my vegetables somehow right?

I haven't been a total slacker though.  I ran a half marathon with my brother for our yearly family challenge.  Remember last year we did the Tour de BBQ? While it was major fun I am now convinced he is trying to kill me.  More than likely he wants to be the sole receiver of my parents huge estate.  Which includes an ugly red couch and matching loveseat.  I've also been working around our semi-new to us house.  We moved back in April and there is always something to work on.

Anyways, I'd like to say that I'm back for good.  You know make a verbal commitment to my now non-existent following, however I think I may have developed adult add in my time off.  I seem to go from project to project sometimes never getting anything all the way finished.

Fingers crossed I'll be back soon!  Here's a photo of my badass brother and myself doing our little runny run.  This is near the finish and if it hadn't been for him I would have needed a medic to come get me around mile 2.

See ya soon!  Maybe, probably, I swear it will be soon.  Oh look is that a donut?

xo,
Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment