Pages

Thursday, October 13, 2011

Artists Estate Sale

Some goodies from the weekend...
Some vintage purses...some nicer than others. The beaded one on the bottom was free.  Smells of mildew.  Going to see if I can get rid of that smell (suggestions welcome).  The sign says "Save water, shower with your steady".  The glasses are 80s Liz Claiborne and remind me of my own Sally Jesse Raphael's from grade school.  Remember the red ones?  The hat is beautiful and bought more for eye candy and inspiration than anything else.  Also grabbed a little mirror and some feathers.


This box is full of vintage jewelry pieces and trinkets.  I have a future project in mind for them.
Aren't these dolls sweet?  I love the one on the right especially.  The one on the left was in our possession for about 5 minutes before the little one disrobed it.  All the babies in my house stay naked.  I think they are easier to draw on that way.   Anyone find anything good this week?

Click on the I like to party tab and come link up your sweet finds.

10 comments:

  1. How cute! I've only been to one estate sale, but it was awesome. There were a bajillion porcelain dolls, and they were all $5. That doll on the right sure is interesting!

    Ooh, and all of that jewelry! That's cool. I really need to get out to another estate sale again. (No, I don't. I need to keep telling myself that. I shop too much, as seen here: http://www.atavisions.com/2011/10/confession-blog-sale-and-my-first.html ulp!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lock your doors cause I'm coming over to steal that box of jewelry :D Can't wait to see what you do with it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your finds! I haven't been to an estate sale in such a long time. I miss them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had the BEST dumpster Dive this week but have not yet posted.
    Looks like you found a fun sale. I could have spent hours there.
    Nothing wrong with buying a beautiful hat or other items for inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your cute finds and yes, I remember Sally Jesse Raphael's red glasses. As to the mildew, you might try putting news paper inside or a dryer sheet.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh, all the vintage jewelry is very attractive!

    xx Grace
    Dream-Boating

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sally Jesse Raphael! Ha! Love it :) So, for the mildew, I'd spray it with Febreeze...has that been mentioned already? Great post!

    Have a great weekend,
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lots of fun treasure finds. I want to dive into the box of jewelry! Thank you for being part of TTF and have a fun day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just found your blog and look forward to reading it through! I love estate sales and well just sales in general, lol
    My daily thrift finds at
    www.letsmakeadeal-us.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. w0w! those people that sell turquoise jewelry should better watch out. thanks for posting this.

    ReplyDelete