Pages

Thursday, February 17, 2011

First day at the "home office"

Yesterday was my first day working from home.  I started off with a nice wog in the fog.  More walk than jog.  I have to figure a way to fit in a work out now.  No more lunch hour work outs.
I was opting for an easy breakfast, preferably cereal...then Jeremy found the sausage.  I couldn't say no.  Our breakfasts are usually on the run since I am huslting to get me and them out the door and to daycare before I head to work.  I need to cherish this break with them, so I made them pancakes!
 Theirs.
Mine...I kid...maybe.  

Next up, I made some time for crafting.  I have been slacking on my Project Restyle.  I usually don't get home until at least 6, and by the time I make dinner and do baths it bedtime and I all I want to do is nothing.  I needed a quick project to complete during naptime, something I could start and finish.  I have been saving all my cereal boxes since I saw this map. 
Of course the map project hasn't been started.

I have been wanting to figure out some cheap/free packaging for my Etsy shop 1. because I am sick of buying packaging from the post office and 2. I like the idea of reusing what I have and not creating more trash. So, I got out the ol' sparkly glue and some OLD magazines and got busy.  I had a dress to ship today and I thought it would be fitting to use a February issue.

I cannot believe I had a 1997 Glamour. WOW!  
 I cut it open so it would be easier to work with.  Then I just ripped out the pictures and decoupaged them to the box.  I love to decoupage.  It's super easy and quick.  

 I went with the Valentines theme.
 And now I have something free and cheap to send a package in.  I did another one because I worried about sending this one overseas.   So I stuck with felt, tacky spray, and kept it simple.


And then we did a dance.  






4 comments:

  1. OMG that's an awesome idea!!! You need to link it up to some blog parties, asap!

    After seeing those pancakes, I'm thinking breakfast for dinner tonight! Yeah baby, bring on the sausage!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YES, I thought I was the only one that enjoyed wogging. It's such a good word.

    I looove how your packaging turned out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a great idea. And I can't wait to see how your map turns out when you do get around to doing it. I'm your newest follower from frugal Friday's link party. I'm throwing my very first link party tomorrow (Monday). I would love it if you stopped by an added your project.
    http://diyhshp.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea!!! SO cheap and easy!! Thanks for linking to Fancy This Fridays!!! Hope to see you again this week!

    ReplyDelete